Hardware Quality Engineer
The Hardware Quality Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the various development and production validation tests needed to ensure the quality and performance of Kuva's hardware products. The successful applicant will have a very strong technical background with exceptional organizational, project planning and interpersonal skills.
- Develop and implement a Kuva Quality Assurance and measurement program in conjunction with our Contract Manufacturer.
- Gather information, validate and report on quality related metrics and activities such as MTBF/FIT, useful life analysis, design margin analysis, AFMEA, DFMEA, PFMEA, component validation.
- Take a hands-on approach to the design and validation of assembly fixtures and test equipment for both prototypes and production products to ensure we meet Kuva’s quality targets.
- Coordinate with other Kuva stakeholders and the Contract Manufacturing partner to ensure all products meet operational specifications and quality requirements.
- Work with product designers to establish procedures for design validation as well as production testing.
- Conduct product specification validation, including electrical requirement testing, temperature range validation, water/moisture ingress protection as well as protection against other environmental factors.
- Bachelor’s degree or Technical Diploma with equivalent professional experience
- Minimum 3 years of related industry experience
- Self-motivated and driven to meet current as well as long term goals
- Ability to independently manage time to meet project deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive salary package & stock options
- Healthcare + dental + vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible time off & paid holidays
- Industry events + happy hours + team parties
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Kuva Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Kuva Systems is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Kuva Systems are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Kuva Systems will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Kuva Systems encourages applicants of all ages. Kuva Systems will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.Apply Now
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by Kuva Systems.