Full Stack Senior Software Engineer
The ideal candidate is a hands-on engineer with significant experience architecting, designing and creating REST APIs, services, and build & release pipelines. They must be at ease working in an agile environment and be able to take initiative to deliver results with accountability. Must be a good communicator and have the ability to help gather requirements from the team and come up with solutions that meet requirements.
- Assist the UX team with correct API implementation and help guide best practices
- Improve existing server side code and reduce code debt
- Design and implement internal and customer facing APIs using Microservice architecture
- Communicate with development and product teams to design features and solutions for existing and future requirements
- 7+ years of experience in cloud-connected software development
- BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Experience writing RESTFUL APIs, querying data from various types of databases securely and efficiently
- Experience with databases and data structures, like Cosmos, SQL, blob storage
- Experience with testing methodologies, unit tests, and integration tests
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Nice to have experience with Kubernetes and running Docker containers on the cloud
- Nice to have experience developing in C++, C#, Python, shell scripting, etc
- Nice to have familiarity with cloud IoT platforms, particularly Azure IoT Edge on Linux devices
- Competitive salary package & stock options
- Healthcare + dental + vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible time off & paid holidays
- Industry events + happy hours + team parties
Candidate would need to be based in the Calgary area (or relocate to Calgary) and within a reasonable commute from our office. Role can be a work from home / remote role for part of the week. Number of days onsite in our Calgary office is negotiable.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Kuva Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Kuva Systems is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Kuva Systems are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Kuva Systems will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Kuva Systems encourages applicants of all ages. Kuva Systems will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.Apply Now
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by Kuva Systems.
Kuva Systems is a growth stage technology company helping oil & gas operators achieve their methane emission goals by deploying our proprietary methane camera which in conjunction with our SaaS based analytics, delivers to the user an image of the asset with a colorized gas plume with leak source pinpoint so that it can be found and fixed quickly. The time stamped images, when correlated with operational SCADA data and work order systems, many times allows operators to mitigate future emissions by optimizing the local process controls or identifying a failing piece of equipment. Kuva Systems was founded by ex-defense contractors in the IR/spectroscopy imaging space, is 6 years old, and is based on Cambridge, MA.