We are looking for a data scientist to join our growing engineering team, to participate and support R & D efforts within the company. The ideal candidate is a hands-on data scientist with experience in real-world applications of data science and analytics. Kuva Systems has already collected many terabytes of image data and plans to scale up rapidly this year. We want to make sure we are well positioned to leverage this data for improving methane detection and quantification algorithms.
- Analyze large datasets consisting of proprietary image formats and telemetry information to derive insights
- Develop custom models and algorithms
- Develop custom data dashboards to share insights and progress with Kuva engineers
- Develop processes and tools to monitor model performance and drive improvements
- Work with the algorithms team to build on existing analytical methods and develop new approaches
- Integrate machine learning models to be developed by our partners in a recent research collaboration, so that they can be quickly deployed as part of our product
- Work with data engineers to access Kuva Cloud infrastructure and develop a roadmap for managing and extracting value from our data as we scale
- Identify new areas to apply ML, develop our in-house ability to design, train, and deploy ML models
- 5+ years of experience in Data Science
- BS degree in Computer science, Computer Engineering, Statistics or a related field
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to analyze heterogeneous data and draw insights from large data sets
- A minimum of 3 years analytics experience working in an agile environment governed by the latest project life cycle concepts
- Experience with advanced statistical techniques and concepts
- Experience with a variety of data science and machine learning techniques.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and statistical results
- Experience supporting an R&D function
- Hands on experience with data visualization tools such as matplotlib, D3, Plotly, Tableau, etc
- Experience with Microsoft Azure resources including Azure Machine Learning is a plus
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team including software engineers, data engineers, and physicists
- Passion for continuous improvement
The position will be remote with an option to work at the Calgary, AB shared office. Candidates would need to physically located and be eligible to work in Canada.
- Competitive salary package & stock options
- Healthcare + dental + vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible time off & paid holidays
- Industry events + happy hours + team parties
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Kuva Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Kuva Systems is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Kuva Systems are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Kuva Systems will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Kuva Systems encourages applicants of all ages. Kuva Systems will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.Apply Now
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by Kuva Systems.